Tell us once service
Cornwall Registration Service is now offering Tell Us Once – a means by which informants registering a death can notify several cross-government departments that a person has died.
The following information is required about the deceased but, if you are NOT the next of kin, you will need their permission in order for the registrar to pass on this information:
- National Insurance No. and/ or date of birth. The national insurance No. can be found on any letters from the DWP that refer to any benefits (e.g. State Pension)
- Passport or Passport No.
- Driving Licence or Driving Licence No.
- Blue Badge
- Details of benefits they were receiving
If you are not the next of kin, the registrar may also ask for names, address and contact details about:
- Their surviving next of kin
- Any surviving spouse/civil partner
- Anyone getting child benefit on their behalf
- The person dealing with the estate