When someone dies, it’s our job to step in and take care of all the arrangements. This whole process starts with us sitting with you as a family and discussing what you want.
In some cases the person that’s died has left arrangements in place, which means that our job is to see through and deliver what they wanted. However in most cases these arrangements are left to the family or even the executor and this is where we can take the pressure off you.
Once you’ve officially registered the death we can handle everything. We start by making sure that your loved one is completely cared for in advance of the funeral itself.
Funeral arrangements can be onerous, but it’s our job to take that stress and strain off you as a family, especially as it can be a very difficult and emotional time.
It’s our job to take the stress and strain off you as a family
We can help you create a funeral service that not only reflects your loved one in a completely respectful way but also works well for you as a family. To give you an idea, following are just some of the things that we can look after:
- We care for your loved one until the cremation or burial.
- We offer professional advice on the type of funeral available to you.
- We give you advice on choosing a suitable coffin.
- We organise the venue for the service, whether it’s a church, crematorium, hall or graveside, followed by the cremation or interment.
- We can also arrange memorial services after a private burial or cremation.
- We book the clergy or non-religious person to conduct the service.
- We supply transport to take you to and from the church or crematorium and return you to your home or reception.
- We handle the necessary administration and paperwork and advise you on the registration of death.
- We can arrange notices with local or national newspapers.
- We arrange music of your choice for the service whether recorded or live performances.
- We produce a printed order of service and remembrance books for the day of the funeral.
- We supply family floral tributes for the coffin, floral decorations for the venue or reception.
- We collect and administer charitable donations on your behalf.
- We can arrange reception and catering after the service.
- We advise you on the options for the cremated remains or help organise a permanent memorial after an interment.
There’s been an increased demand for Green Burials in recent years and we’re pleased to say that we’re able to offer a full service in line with these expectations.
We offer a full range of coffins made from alternative materials including woven willow, bamboo, seagrass or cane or even coffins made from cardboard or wool, all of which have a much lower environmental impact.
We’ve worked with Anthony and Ele who run Pentiddy Woods natural burial grounds in Pensilva. This wonderful space has a stunning view of the Caradon area and is a special place to create a bespoke and even alternative send off for your loved one.
Our pricing is simple and transparent.
There are basically three elements that go into the pricing of a funeral.
Funeral services – Our services that we provide to you as a customer. This includes a hearse, a simple veneered oak coffin suitable for cremation removing within a 25 mile radius, arranging and attending cremation service at the Glynn Valley Crematorium, Bodmin. Administration of legal documents and the funeral directors services.
Disbursements – These are the third party fees that we pay for on your behalf such as Crematorium fees, statutory doctors forms, ministers fees.
Additional cost’s – These are items that are not included in our standard services such as; service in church, paper notices, printing, floral tributes, additional limousines, additional mileage may have to be charged depending on the location of the death.
For a direct cremation where there is no service and no attendance our price is – £1490.00 Disbursements are £633.00
For a cremation service at the Glynn Valley Crematorium our price is – £2160.00 Disbursements are £1363.00
As church fees and cemetery fees vary by location we would need to discuss arrangements for burial and quote a price for you.